Customers are accelerating their move to the cloud to keep pace with changing circumstances. Be it to reduce their carbon footprint, increase their productivity, or react more flexibly to the needs of their customers.
Over years and decades companies have implemented streamlined business processes in their value chains, using the features of SAP on-premise systems to adapt the standard functionality to their needs. However, within the growing heterogeneous landscapes of SAP and non-SAP systems, these customizations became more complex and expensive to maintain. Additionally, most of the customers use hybrid landscapes with a mix of cloud and on-premise systems to run their businesses.
With the move to SAP S/4HANA, customers have the chance to standardize their business processes. This has two benefits: Customers can avoid modifications in their SAP S/4HANA systems to the absolute minimum and they can implement process extensions or integrations to other SAP, partner, or third-party systems using the SAP Cloud Platform Extension Suite and SAP Cloud Platform Integration Suite. This is true for both, SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA on-premise.
The SAP Cloud Platform Integration Suite offers a modular set of integration services covering all needs of cloud and hybrid landscapes:
- Application-to-application process integrations across value-chains such as lead-to-cash, recruit-to-retire, source-to-pay, and design-to-operate
- B2B integrations to integrate with suppliers across the digital ecosystem, including eGovernment (business-to-government, B2G) integrations to support digital compliance
- API-driven integrations, including full API lifecycle management and omni-channel access
- Event-driven integrations to support sense-and-respond scenarios based on business events
- Data integration and pipelines to support artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data lake or data warehousing scenarios with SAP Data Intelligence
- Master data integrations via SAP Cloud Platform Master Data Integration that provide master data synchronization enabled by the SAP One Domain Model